Citizens Advice Mendip

DebtStruggling with Debt

You can find lots of information to help you deal with debt and money issues here on the Citizens Advice website.

Our specialist advisers may be able to help if you have fallen behind on any of these important bills and cannot manage them:

  • Rent or mortgage payments*.
  • Council tax
  • Water
  • Energy
  • We may also help if you are especially vulnerable
    and have any other debts
  • To ask for debt advice from us: you can call our Adviceline or send us an email contact form. Please give us some details about your debts if you can – who you owe money to and how much.

    If our advisers can help you, you will be referred for help with increasing your income, budgeting, and to look at options for dealing with your debts.

    Otherwise, we may suggest you contact another free debt advice provider, such as:

    National Debtline
    Christians Against Poverty
    Business Debtline - for self employment debts

    *If you are at risk of eviction because of rent or mortgage arrears, please also contact Mendip District Council’s Housing Options team as soon as possible for help and advice to prevent homelessness.

    Well done on taking the first step in addressing your debt and money issues.